Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonathan

Default Does my Microsoft Office 2003 contain a calculator; where?

Does my Word 2003 contain a calculator; where?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

I suppose you could use Excel 2003, but it would probably be much
easier to use the calculator that comes with Windows XP. Start |
All Programs | Accessories | Calculator.

Jonathan wrote:

Does my Word 2003 contain a calculator; where?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

You can even go to this site and download Microsoft Calculator Plus for free!

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/o.../calcplus.mspx
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

Jonathan wrote:

Does my Word 2003 contain a calculator; where?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Word does have the capacity to evaluate expressions.

To put the comand on a toolbar ....

From the Menu, Select Tools Customize Comands tab
Scroll down the Categories list on the left, and select "All Commands"
Scroll down the Commands list on the right and select "ToolsCalculate"
Click and Drag it to one of your toolbars.

- or - to assign it to a shortcut key ....

From the Menu, Select Tools Customize and click on "Keyboard..."
Scroll down the Categories list on the left, and select "All Commands"
Scroll down the Commands list on the right and select "ToolsCalculate"
Place the cursor in the "Press new shortcut key" textbox
Press the shortcut key you want to use
Click on Assign

Then, to use it, ....

Type the expression you want evaluating and select it - or select the column
of figures you want adding up, and click on your new icon or press your new
shortcut key as appropriate. The answer will be shown in the status bar at
the bottom.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Does my Word 2003 contain a calculator; where?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

I could've saved some typing if I'd known that existed

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
For more on the use of this command, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/ToolsCalculate.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
Word does have the capacity to evaluate expressions.

To put the comand on a toolbar ....

From the Menu, Select Tools Customize Comands tab
Scroll down the Categories list on the left, and select "All Commands"
Scroll down the Commands list on the right and select "ToolsCalculate"
Click and Drag it to one of your toolbars.

- or - to assign it to a shortcut key ....

From the Menu, Select Tools Customize and click on "Keyboard..."

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Does my Word 2003 contain a calculator; where?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's a big site, with many articles. I tend to be most familiar with those I
wrote. g

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
I could've saved some typing if I'd known that existed

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
For more on the use of this command, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/ToolsCalculate.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
Word does have the capacity to evaluate expressions.

To put the comand on a toolbar ....

From the Menu, Select Tools Customize Comands tab
Scroll down the Categories list on the left, and select "All Commands"
Scroll down the Commands list on the right and select "ToolsCalculate"
Click and Drag it to one of your toolbars.

- or - to assign it to a shortcut key ....

From the Menu, Select Tools Customize and click on "Keyboard..."