Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoff C Geoff C is offline

Default Graphic vanishes from first page header?

Our current company template has a logo graphic in the header. I've been
told to amend the template so that the graphic only appears in the first page
header, but the header otherwise remains the same throughout. I've been
explicitly told NOT to do this using section breaks.

So, I've clicked the "different first page" box on page setup, and correctly
set the headers on first and subsequent pages. So far, so good. However, now,
when I refresh all fields (CtrlA followed by F9), the graphic disappears from
the header in the top page, never to be seen again.

The only unusual thing I can pick out is that there is a hidden "current
date" field in the first page header (second line, formatted in white text
font size 1). It's used as a bookmark for the file properties, which is
subsequently used in the standard footer. I'm on Word 2003. Can anyone
suggest what's going on?

Many thanks,
Geoff.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Press ALT+F9 to display any fields in the header and CTRL+* to display
formatting marks. This may give you a better idea of what is going on.

Geoff C wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoff C Geoff C is offline

Thanks Graham - found a section break hiding inside an index field that was
the culprit. Deleted it and recreated , now works.
Geoff.