Simon

Default accent assignments have been changed

I have just noticed today that when i want to get é in word 2003 by pressing
ctrl+'+e that I get è instead. My accent assingments seem to be messed up. I
have reset Word but this hasn't helped. can anyone help? Thanks.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2ltb24=?=,

I have just noticed today that when i want to get é in word 2003 by pressing
ctrl+'+e that I get è instead. My accent assingments seem to be messed up. I
have reset Word but this hasn't helped. can anyone help? Thanks.

FWIW, your message almost certainly isn't showing me the characters you intended,
but when I use the keyboard shortcut you show, I get an e with an accent.

Did this just start happening? "Yesterday", everything was fine? What have you
installed on your system since the behavior changed?

If you press Alt+0233 on the numeric keypad, do you get the accented e? Or is it
also something else?

If you hold down Ctrl when starting Word, to go into Safe Mode, does the behavior
change?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Simon

I have solved the problem for Word at least. I went to Tools, Customise,
Keyboard then Reset All. For other Windows applications, I have to use the
old Alt+Num method.