Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default tabs & columns

I'm working on a project where I am converting old WP 6 templates into
Microsoft Word Templates for our company. One difference that our users
have found in WP6 that I can't seem to mimic in Word is the tab stop.
In Word, when a user presses tab it naturally moves to the next column.
In WP when the user presses tab it just moves to the next bookmark. Is
there a way to get word to behave the same. I have tried with the tab
stops, and it always moves to the next column. Is there a setting I am
missing. Also along this topic is there a way to prevent a table from
creating a new row when the user gets to the last column on the last
row and then presses tab again. What I need is when the user presses
tab it automatically jumps to the next table, and going along with the
previous question to the first formfield in the next table.

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you are using form fields in a table and the document is protected for
forms, then Tab will take you to the next form field (will not create a new
row in a table).

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm working on a project where I am converting old WP 6 templates into
Microsoft Word Templates for our company. One difference that our users
have found in WP6 that I can't seem to mimic in Word is the tab stop.
In Word, when a user presses tab it naturally moves to the next column.
In WP when the user presses tab it just moves to the next bookmark. Is
there a way to get word to behave the same. I have tried with the tab
stops, and it always moves to the next column. Is there a setting I am
missing. Also along this topic is there a way to prevent a table from
creating a new row when the user gets to the last column on the last
row and then presses tab again. What I need is when the user presses
tab it automatically jumps to the next table, and going along with the
previous question to the first formfield in the next table.

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Thanks, I tried that and yes it does work. But the users of these
templates also need to be able to manually edit the text in the
template when appropriate. I showed the users how to unprotect a doc
and that was rejected too. This is something that they could do in WP
6. They could tab to the bookmarks, select certain text change it, and
then print the form. Our users are very computer illiterate and hate
doing anything different. It's been an uphill battle for a few years
trying to get them to switch from WP 6 to Word, which is why these
templates have to behave the same, and simply unistalling WP from their
PC won't do anything except create violence in the workplace. Thanks
again, but I am still hoping for an alternative.