Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
greyhound mom greyhound mom is offline

Default My 2007 Word will not open any previous word documents?

I downloaded Office Ultimate and got a hard copy backup. The Word program
would not open any of my previous word documents. Also, It only opens a 2007
document as a "Read Only" document. After getting the hard copy, I unistalled
it and reinstalled with the hard copy, no difference. I have just gotten a
laptop and have the Trial version on it and am afraid to upgrade to my copy
in case it does the same thing. I just went back to school after eons and am
taking computer classes and really need these programs for my classes.
Getting very frustrated...
Thanks, Shirley
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Where are these documents you're trying to open? I suspect it's not your
installation of Word that's causing your problems.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"greyhound mom" greyhound wrote in message
I downloaded Office Ultimate and got a hard copy backup. The Word program
would not open any of my previous word documents. Also, It only opens a
2007
document as a "Read Only" document. After getting the hard copy, I
unistalled
it and reinstalled with the hard copy, no difference. I have just gotten a
laptop and have the Trial version on it and am afraid to upgrade to my
copy
in case it does the same thing. I just went back to school after eons and
am
taking computer classes and really need these programs for my classes.
Getting very frustrated...
Thanks, Shirley

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
greyhound mom[_2_] greyhound mom[_2_] is offline

They are stored in My Documents (the ones that are older version Word) and
the ones that are opening Read Only are the ones that the professor puts on
the website for us to use to learn the programs. They open up just fine on my
laptop with the trial version, but not on my home PC.Thanks

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Does it say "read only" or are you having some sort of problem that make
syou thinkthey are read only?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
greyhound mom[_2_] greyhound mom[_2_] is offline

No, It says "Read Only". When I try to open a document from Word 2003, I
just get a blue screen. If I go to my Word Program and just open the program,
it is just a blue screen and the ribbon doesn't look right. It only goes
about 3/4 of the way across the top and is only blues, without the amber
orange colors that are supposed to be on it.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

From where did you download Office Ultimate?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do any of the other programs (Excel for example) work correctly?

Seems like the installation might be corrupt and you should try a reinstall.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP