Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Footnote appears on wrong page

I have a large document (200 pages) with tracked changes. It has been
through several revisions and may have originally been created in an earlier
version of Word, but I have applied a good template to the document.

There are only a few footnotes in the document, but the footnote that is
supposed to appear on page 88 is appearing on page 53. I copied the text of
the note, deleted the old note, inserted a new footnote, and pasted the text
back into the new note, but (lo and behold!) it was on page 53 again.

I have read the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...OnDiffPage.htm but it doesn't
seem to address this kind of problem. I tried some of the fixes it mentioned
anyway, but didn't get anywhere with them.

Any suggestions?

I'm running XP Professional and Office 2003.

Thanks,

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

When I accepted all changes, the footnote ended up on the correct page.
HOWEVER, I can't accept the changes in this document. I need to send it to
the Department of Energy with changes tracked, and the footnotes need to
behave with changes tracked.

Fred