Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lanstatvp lanstatvp is offline

Default How to "un nest" a nested table

Please advise. thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"lanstatvp" wrote:
Please advise. thanks!

What is it that you want to achieve?

Cut and paste seems too obvious, so I guess you want to leave the cells of
the nested table just where they are, just not in a nested table?
If so, why go to the trouble?

If it is because you have table lines and they don't meet nicely:
Temporarily cut the nested table to the clipboard, set the cell padding of
the cell where it was nested to zero (Table menu Table poperties Cells
Options...), then paste the nested table back.
And remove its outer border.

Another option:
Cutting the nested table, splitting the cell it was nested in into the
proper number of rows and columns, selecting them, then pasting back:
But since Word doesn't allow you to split a cell into an arbitrary number of
rows and columns, that may be a lot of work, and not worth the trouble.

If I've misunderstood what you want, please post back...

Regards, Klaus