Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NY Gal NY Gal is offline

Default Word 2000

I have Word 2000. I've created a certificate partially using Allegro BT.
When I take the file to a copy company to print, the font gets changed since
their printer doesn't support. When I look at the MS Word file they have,
they have a similar file called Monotype Corsiva. I know I've seen this font
before, but it isn't supported by my computeprinter. Can I download that
font from somewhere so I can get this file copied. I can't just change the
font at the store since I've used it separately in 1365 names, but it is not
the font for the whole certificate. I can re-merge the file from home if I
had the same fonts. Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

The font gets changed because they don't have that font on their system.

According to
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...siva&FVER=2.35,
Monotype Corsiva came with Access 2000, Access 97 SR2, Excel 2000, FrontPage
2000, Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office 2000 Premium, Office 4.3
Professional, Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office 97 SR1a, Office
Professional Edition 2003, Outlook 2000, Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 2002,
PowerPoint 2000, Publisher 2000, Publisher 97, TrueType Font Pack, Word
2000. (It also comes with newer versions of Office as well but they aren't
listed on that site.)

Since you have Word 2000, you should have that font. If it's not installed,
put your Office disk back in and install it. You might also want to see if
you can embed the Allegro font. That would be the easiest thing.

(For Office XP but 2000 should be the same)
To embed fonts in Word and PowerPoint
1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Save tab.
2. Under Save options, select the Embed True Type fonts check box.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]