Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
leewa leewa is offline

Default How do I change text in a scanned document

I want to scan a document to my computer but need to make some changes on
that scanned document. Is there a way to do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:06:00 -0700, leewa
wrote:

I want to scan a document to my computer but need to make some changes on
that scanned document. Is there a way to do that?

You need Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software to "read" the picture from
the scanner and output a text document that can be edited.

Most scanners come with a software bundle that includes OCR. If you don't have
that, look in the Start menu for Microsoft Office Document Imaging. If you don't
see it, rerun the Office installer in the "Add features" mode and select it.

If you need something more sophisticated, look at OmniPage or FineReader, which
are expensive but very accurate.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman