JerryW

Default line spacing incorrect

I have two formatting issues.

1.) Line spacing varies throughout the doc even though formating is the
same. (i.e. paragraphline spacingexactly12pt) Some lines have the correct
12 pt line spacing, while other lines "look like" they are set to 30 pt or
more.

2.) Table with cells "outlined" do not meet/touch the table lines from row
above with the row below. Table rows "look like" there is an extra blank line
between the rows, but there are none. If I save it as an .MHT file format
the tables and line spacings are shown correctly, but the file is 3x larger.
I need file to be saved in .doc format.

WinXP Professional sp2, Word 2003 sp1. Have downloaded all of the updates,
reloaded Word, repaired Word, etc.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Jerry

JerryW

Thank you very much!!!! That did the trick. I had traced the problem to
only those pages which I had inserted "manual page breaks", so I deleted the
manual page breaks ahd continued with my work.

I set the vertical tab to "top" and now I can continue with inserting manual
page breaks as needed. (Makes a lot of sense once you realize what was
happening.)

Thanks again! As much as I was trying, I would never have found it myself.

Jerry

"JerryW" wrote in message
[...]

Instead of inserting manual page breaks, which also break the table (which
prevents headings from repeating), select the table row you want to appear
at the top of a new page and format it as "Page break before."
Alternatively, you can often force the break just by formatting that row
(and perhaps one or two following ones) as "Keep with next."

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There's a good chance that your vertical alignment (Layout tab of Page
Setup) is set to Justified.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.