g1 Sunkersett

Default Scrolling large documents with the wheel of a wheel mouse

Hi,

I have a corded wheel mouse (non optical).
With large documents open in Word 2003 when I click the wheel of the mouse.

The mouse cursor changes to a double pointed arrow.
Now depending on how I move the mouse the document scrolls in that direction.

The speed of scrolling is propotional to the distance by which I move the
mouse from the poistion of the click.
The same behaviour can be experienced in internet explorer (say with a long
page of search results) but here the scroll speed is different.

IS THERE ANY WAY this scroll speed can be set?

thx
g1