Default Type1 fonts in MS Word

Hi all,

When we use Times (Type1) font, the subscript position and size in word
is very low, it almost touches the X-height base of the Uppercase
character.

When we change the font from type1 to True Type font (For example,
Times New Roman), it matches the subscript height created using other
typesetting software.

Please advice.

Ravi

Daiya Mitchell

What version of OS and Word?

Does this happen on all computers with the Times font? Sometimes font files
can corrupt.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Hi Daiya,

Thanks for your response.
We are using OS: Windows XP professional and Word: Office 2000

We have tested in more than 10 machines in different locations with
original Times font.

Ravi

Daiya Mitchell

Hi Ravi,

I'm afraid I actually haven't a clue, though I did see a similar report
recently on a Mac. It sounds to me as though the Type1 vs. the other type
of font has narrowed down the issue, and using google for more information
about these fonts and how they interact with the system might be your best
bet.

Perhaps some one else will come along with more suggestions.

Sorry not to be of more help,
Daiya