Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Jane

Default Newspaper columns for one section of document does not work

I am trying to set up two columns in certain sections of a document leaving
the rest in a single column format. I have tried all the directives found in
the help section of Microsoft Word ie highlighting the section I want to turn
into two colums but the program continues to turn the whole document into 2
columns instead of the just the highlighted section.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

You need to create physical sections via Insert Break Section Break next
page (if you want each section to begin on a new page) of Continuous Section
Break (if you want to insert columns within a single page) between the
various sections of your document. Once you have done this, you apply your
column formatting to the desired section.

See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm
and http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm

"Mary Jane" wrote:

I am trying to set up two columns in certain sections of a document leaving
the rest in a single column format. I have tried all the directives found in
the help section of Microsoft Word ie highlighting the section I want to turn
into two colums but the program continues to turn the whole document into 2
columns instead of the just the highlighted section.

Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
Newspaper Columns mdt New Users 4 January 16th 06 09:37 AM
text with multiple fonts inserted into document with multiple columns? [email protected] New Users 4 July 22nd 05 01:45 AM
How do I do Word search for particular section in document with a. Gail CMGC Microsoft Word Help 1 April 7th 05 09:51 PM