Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Me Me is offline

Default Can I increase the height of letters independantly of the width?

Say I want to have a word in Lucida Console Font and at 96 size. Can I
increase the height of that word without affecting the width, i.e. can I
elongate the word vertically?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Character Spacing tab of the Font dialog, there is a Scale
adjustment. Scale to less than 100% and you will narrow the font. You can
then increase the point size to get greater height with the same width. That
is, there is no way to directly "elongate the word vertically"; instead you
must compress it horizontally and then adjust the height.