Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon Minder Simon Minder is offline

Default Navigation in Word 2007 forms

Hi all,

I use Word 2007 and added a couple of fields [e.g. (Ribbon: Developer
Group: Controls Icon: Rich Text (Aa)] in my *.dotx document.

Is there a way to jump from field to field when you create the a new
document from this template. As far as I remember this was possbile with F11
in the previous versions.

Kind regards,

Simon

PS: I do not want to protect the document, because the users may need to
adjust addtional points ( contract).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

F11 (and Shift+F11) should still work, assuming that you are using the
legacy fields. It won't work with the so-called content controls, which
aren't fields.

But note that if you don't want to use a protected document, why not make
use of MACROBUTTON fields instead (these can also be accessed via the F11
key)? For more, see the first section of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...acroButton.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Simon Minder" wrote in message
Hi all,

I use Word 2007 and added a couple of fields [e.g. (Ribbon: Developer
Group: Controls Icon: Rich Text (Aa)] in my *.dotx document.

Is there a way to jump from field to field when you create the a new
document from this template. As far as I remember this was possbile with
F11
in the previous versions.

Kind regards,

Simon

PS: I do not want to protect the document, because the users may need to
adjust addtional points ( contract).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

If you could use the plain text (vice the rich text) controls then you can
tab from field to field. Note - when you reach the end, the tab
unfortunately doesn't return you to the first field.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"Simon Minder" wrote in message
Hi all,

I use Word 2007 and added a couple of fields [e.g. (Ribbon: Developer
Group: Controls Icon: Rich Text (Aa)] in my *.dotx document.

Is there a way to jump from field to field when you create the a new
document from this template. As far as I remember this was possbile with
F11
in the previous versions.

Kind regards,

Simon

PS: I do not want to protect the document, because the users may need to
adjust addtional points ( contract).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good point.

I didn't even bother to test if these two types of content controls behaved
differently. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP