Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bobmeister Bobmeister is offline

Default One Field Equals Another

I have a letter that will repeat information several times. I.E. a name and
a company name. How do type it a name once and then have it appear again at
5 other strategic predetermined locations? I know I can use a mailmerge to
do this. But do I need to introduce a second file into the process to get
Word to automatically repeat a string of characters?
Ideally I would like to have a form document that has me fill in the 2 or 3
variables once and the other fields throughout the document will always
mirror what is in those fields. How do I get a field to equal a specific
'Form Field'?
Any insights on this would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

You could do this using bookmarks and cross-references. These 2 sites were
referenced earlier this week and have good info on how to do this:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft_word .htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

"Bobmeister" wrote:

I have a letter that will repeat information several times. I.E. a name and
a company name. How do type it a name once and then have it appear again at
5 other strategic predetermined locations? I know I can use a mailmerge to
do this. But do I need to introduce a second file into the process to get
Word to automatically repeat a string of characters?
Ideally I would like to have a form document that has me fill in the 2 or 3
variables once and the other fields throughout the document will always
mirror what is in those fields. How do I get a field to equal a specific
'Form Field'?
Any insights on this would be appreciated.

fgjhtrj fgjhtrj is offline
Junior Member

The universe, mountains and rivers are all romantic, a little warmth in the world is worth my effort.
idle mining empire