RKL

Default How do I set a different font to use to insert text in a document.

I want to be able to insert text using a font different from the original
document. I want to be able to set the font I want to use and then skip
around in the document and type my comments. How do I keep Word from
reverting to the original font every time I go to a spot to start typing?

RKL

I made my own style to insert text into the document, which also used styles,
but
it changed the style of the whole document. I want to keep the whole
document the same as it was originally given to me. But I need to be able to
select a different font and go through the document and make notes in my own
font or style. I have many to do, so I don't want to have to keep going to
the drop-down and choosing my font or style each time I get to a new spot in
the document.

"RKL" wrote in message
I want to be able to insert text using a font different from the original
document. I want to be able to set the font I want to use and then skip
around in the document and type my comments. How do I keep Word from
reverting to the original font every time I go to a spot to start typing?

Charles Kenyon

1) Use a character style rather than a paragraph style for your inserted
text.

2) See
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...eformatted.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Use styles rather than direct formatting.

so
all may benefit.

"RKL" wrote in message
I want to be able to insert text using a font different from the
original
document. I want to be able to set the font I want to use and then
skip
around in the document and type my comments. How do I keep Word from
reverting to the original font every time I go to a spot to start
typing?

Daiya Mitchell

Maybe you should use the Track Changes and Comments features, which do this
for you. Look up Track Changes, Reviewing, and Comments in Help for more,
or see he
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

You cannot format the cursor in a certain font/style and expect the cursor
to hold the formatting anywhere you drop it, which I think is what you are
asking for.

On 2/21/05 12:01 PM, "RKL" wrote:

I made my own style to insert text into the document, which also used styles,
but
it changed the style of the whole document. I want to keep the whole
document the same as it was originally given to me. But I need to be able to
select a different font and go through the document and make notes in my own
font or style. I have many to do, so I don't want to have to keep going to
the drop-down and choosing my font or style each time I get to a new spot in
the document.

RKL

I followed the reformatting instructions and now it changes the paragraph I'm
in to the new style. That is not what I'm looking to do. I want to change
the style
and then start typing comments within a paragraph without changing the style
of anything. I then want to move to another spot in the document and click
where I want ot insert text and have it remember the font or style I used in
the last insertion.