Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JM Attero JM Attero is offline

Default Multiple entries in mail merge

Hello:
I need some help/guidance on doing a mail merge. I have done a few in the
past, so I am comfortable with the process.
However, I am currently stumped on the following. Here is the background. I
am a real estate investor, and am trying to send letters to a certain group
of owners (could be absentee owners, or local investors, etc.). In Excel
2000, I have created a worksheet made up of about 1300 properties. Each
property has an owner name, owner address, and property address. With regards
to investors, I know they are investors, since the owner address is different
from the property address. If each investor owned only one property, this
would be a simple process. However, many of the investors own multiple
properties. I would like to send ONE letter to each investor, referencing ALL
of that investors properties, rather than sending multiple copies of the same
form letter to the same investor. In other words, on my Excel sheet, John
Smith owns the following properties 1 Main St., 3 Main St., 5 Main St., etc.
I would like ONE form letter to go to John Smith, and the reference line of
the letter would detail the 3 properties (ie. 1 Main St., 3 Main St., 5
Main St.). Does anyone have any idea on how I would accomplish this with mail
merge? THanks in advance.

JM
--
JMA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You are trying to perform a "multiple items per condition (=key field)"
mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JM Attero" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JM Attero JM Attero is offline

Doug:
THanks for those links. I will let you know how I make out after following
them. However, please note that I was unable to open the link from
www.knowhow.com
I don't know if it has movved or not. Can you click on that link and get
somewhere? Thanks.
--
JMA