Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristian Kristian is offline

Default how to override automatic outline formatting

I am working on an outline, and Word decides to indent one of my headings
some 2" beyond what any of the previous headings are. I can't seem to
override Word's autocorrect, because it it will also automatically re-number
my heading when I adjust the indent. I'm so frustrated! Why does Word all of
a sudden take over in the middle of my outline and begin making these
decisions for me? What might I be doing wrong? Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Tools | AutoCorrect Options | Autoformat as you type | Deselect Automatic
Numbered Lists.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP