Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eidinger2000

Default Change measurement, millimeters to inches in word2003

I have a user running Word2003 on a Win2k PC, with lastest updates.
Her Horizontal ruler looks to be in millimeter she needs it in inchs, but I
can't seem to change it. I've gone to: "tools", "Options", the "General" Tab,
"Measurement Units" but it shows "inches". Her: "File", "Page Setup", "Paper
Size", is Letter 8.5 by 11. I've tried renaming her normal.dot so word will
create a new one when Word opened next. That didn't help & she could no
longer access her Word macros. I had to put the old Normal.DOT back. I'm
beginning to think I might have to make a registry change. Please help.
--
Mark_E
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299339 "You cannot change ruler
measurement unit from character units after upgrade to Office XP" or
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm .

"eidinger2000" wrote:

I have a user running Word2003 on a Win2k PC, with lastest updates.
Her Horizontal ruler looks to be in millimeter she needs it in inchs, but I
can't seem to change it. I've gone to: "tools", "Options", the "General" Tab,
"Measurement Units" but it shows "inches". Her: "File", "Page Setup", "Paper
Size", is Letter 8.5 by 11. I've tried renaming her normal.dot so word will
create a new one when Word opened next. That didn't help & she could no
longer access her Word macros. I had to put the old Normal.DOT back. I'm
beginning to think I might have to make a registry change. Please help.
--
Mark_E

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katie B Katie B is offline

I just want to say Thank You. I was having this problem and couldn't figure
out how to change it, even doing what Office was telling me to do. I
followed your instructions to go into Visual Basic (which I've never heard
of) and it was so simple.. and most importantly it worked!

Thank You

"eidinger2000" wrote:

I have a user running Word2003 on a Win2k PC, with lastest updates.
Her Horizontal ruler looks to be in millimeter she needs it in inchs, but I
can't seem to change it. I've gone to: "tools", "Options", the "General" Tab,
"Measurement Units" but it shows "inches". Her: "File", "Page Setup", "Paper
Size", is Letter 8.5 by 11. I've tried renaming her normal.dot so word will
create a new one when Word opened next. That didn't help & she could no
longer access her Word macros. I had to put the old Normal.DOT back. I'm
beginning to think I might have to make a registry change. Please help.
--
Mark_E

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda Brenda is offline

I want to thank you too.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Office Professional 2003, sure that it
would fix my proble. Of course it didn't.

I should have checked here first.

Thanks again!