Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Reluctant Publisher User Reluctant Publisher User is offline

Default How can I disable ALL default styles permanently?

I have 30+ years typesetting experience and want to disable ALL the default
styles in Word and Publisher to use my own. Every time I change a style in a
document it go back later to one of yours. I want to get rid of all of them.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is not the place for questions about Publisher. Styles work quite
differently in Publisher than in Word.

http://word.mvps.org

"Reluctant Publisher User"
m wrote in message
I have 30+ years typesetting experience and want to disable ALL the default
styles in Word and Publisher to use my own. Every time I change a style
in a
document it go back later to one of yours. I want to get rid of all of
them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Reluctant Publisher User Reluctant Publisher User is offline

The question applies to ALL of MS Office 2007. I am currently using Word
2007. If I had the option of using something other than MS Office I would.
When I posted the question the selected option was "Office" not Publisher.

m wrote in message
I have 30+ years typesetting experience and want to disable ALL the default
styles in Word and Publisher to use my own. Every time I change a style
in a
document it go back later to one of yours. I want to get rid of all of
them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You have nonetheless posted in a newsgroup for questions about Word; there
is no answer that applies generally to all Office apps.

http://word.mvps.org

m wrote in message
I have 30+ years typesetting experience and want to disable ALL the
default
styles in Word and Publisher to use my own. Every time I change a
style
in a
document it go back later to one of yours. I want to get rid of all of
them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can't delete Word's built-in styles. You can add your own, you can give
them priority over the built-in ones (by giving them a higher recommendation
level), you can even hide the built-in ones (see the Manage Styles dialog
for these options), but it is generally much easier to work with the
built-in styles, modifying them as required. This is especially recommended
for Word's built-in heading styles, which have numerous "magic" properties;
see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ingStyles.html.

Note that, when you modify a style in a given document, you are modifying it
only for that document unless you explicitly select the radio button for
"New documents based on this template." It is also recommended that, instead
of creating a new Blank Document based on Normal.dotm, you create specific
document templates designed expressly for the types of documents you want to
create.

http://word.mvps.org