Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry Terry is offline

Default inserting actual excel file into word document

I have an Excel file that has 4 different tabs. How do I insert that
"file"..not just the cells...but the file into a Word Document. I want to
allow others to click on the icon and open the excel file! Isn't this
possible??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Terry wrote:
I have an Excel file that has 4 different tabs. How do I insert that
"file"..not just the cells...but the file into a Word Document. I
want to allow others to click on the icon and open the excel file!
Isn't this possible??

Go to Insert Object Create From File. Click the Browse button and point
to the .xls file. Check the box for "Display as icon".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry Terry is offline

YOU ARE TOTALLY AWESOME. I have been trying to fix this for what seems like
forever. Thank you very much.