Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Stacking text

How do I stack normal text in Word 2003.

I have boxes of letters in a template document which I have to write over
the top of with an 'X'. Normally I just print the document off and write over
by hand, but I would rather do it on the computer if possible.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

--
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One way would be to use a text box set to "In front of text" layout (Layout
tab in the Format Text Box dialog), with Fill and Line set to No Fill and No
Line (Colors and Lines tab) respectively. Positioning could be tricky, but
it can be done.

Another way would be to use Word's drawing tools to draw the X where needed.

Yet another way would be to use then handwriting tool to add "ink" to the
document (you can use your mouse pointer as a pen). You would need for ink
correction to be available as an input method for the language you are
using.

It all depends on what kind of effect you want to achieve.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible