Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sanestifs sanestifs is offline

Default Best way to do quoted text like this.

Without the dots obviously:

Bob..........Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Joe..........Consectetur adipisicing elit
Bob..........Sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut
Joe..........Labore et dolore magna aliqua
Bob..........Ut enim ad minim veniam
Joe..........Quis nostrud exercitation ullamco

It's a lot of text so using the spacebar is not a starter,
I tried using the indent buttons but either due to lack of knowledge
or their limitations, it's quite slow and not always accurate.

Just wondering if there's a better way?

thanks in advance

--------------------------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can set a tab stop at the location where "Lorem ipsum" should begin (select
all paragraphs to set the same tab stop for them all). Just click the horizontal
ruler, and use the Tab key to move the text to the tab stop.

If you have multiple lines of text within each paragraph, a hanging indent would
be better. You can set one by dragging the indent indicators on the ruler or by
using the Paragraph dialog box.

To display the Paragraph dialog:

- In Word 2007, click the Home tab; in the Paragraph group, click the dialog
launcher button (the little arrow on the bottom right).

- In Word 97-2003, click Format | Paragraph.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sanestifs" wrote in message
Without the dots obviously:

Bob..........Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Joe..........Consectetur adipisicing elit
Bob..........Sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut
Joe..........Labore et dolore magna aliqua
Bob..........Ut enim ad minim veniam
Joe..........Quis nostrud exercitation ullamco

It's a lot of text so using the spacebar is not a starter,
I tried using the indent buttons but either due to lack of knowledge
or their limitations, it's quite slow and not always accurate.

Just wondering if there's a better way?

thanks in advance

--------------------------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

You could use a tabstop.

Ensure the ruler is visible ("View" tab, "Show/Hide" group, "Ruler"
checkbox"). In the left corner of the line the ruler is on, there should be
a right angled symbol (looking like |_). If you see another symbol, click on
it till you see the correct symbol. Click near the bottom of your ruler
where you want the tabstop.

Now type your text:
BobtabLorem...
JoetabConsectetur...

Note that you can always drag your tabstop further to the left or right by
clicking it and holding it while moving your mouse.

Yves