Al Franz

Default Get rid of Double Spacing

Often in Word when I paste text into a document it will have double spacing
at line breaks. I highlight the paragraphs select FORMAT, PARAGRAPHS and
put Line Spacing to SINGLE. But I still have double spacing at carriage
returns??? Is there another trick to get rid of embedded format
information???

Using the latest version of Word 2003.

Gary Warner

"Al Franz" wrote in message
Often in Word when I paste text into a document it will have double
spacing at line breaks. I highlight the paragraphs select FORMAT,
PARAGRAPHS and put Line Spacing to SINGLE. But I still have double
spacing at carriage returns??? Is there another trick to get rid of
embedded format information???

Using the latest version of Word 2003.

On the same Format Paragraphs screen
there are boxes for Spacing-Before and Spacing-After
set these to zero.

Although it could be that the paragraphs have Space Before/After, as Gary
implies, more often it's caused by the typist having pressed Enter twice
between paragraphs, so that there is an empty paragraph between text
paragraphs. You can clean this up with Find and Replace, but if you've
pasted this text from the Web, there may be more than that going on. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm