Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rz rz is offline

Default field codes in Word 2007

I have an existing form (not created as a form, just as a word doc) and I
want to add fields that act like cells in excel. An example would be:
Field A has a dollar amount, Field B has a dollar amount, Field C would be
the sum of A and B
I've tried Word Help "Field codes: SET field" but I can't get it to work.
Can this be done?
--
rz
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I keep saying to myself that I have to learn how to do this with Content
Controls, but if you need a quick answer, on the Developer tab, go to the
Controls section and select the Legacy Tools folder and insert Text
FormFields.

If you are not familiar with that type of control as used in previous
versions of Word, see
http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"rz" wrote in message
I have an existing form (not created as a form, just as a word doc) and I
want to add fields that act like cells in excel. An example would be:
Field A has a dollar amount, Field B has a dollar amount, Field C would be
the sum of A and B
I've tried Word Help "Field codes: SET field" but I can't get it to work.
Can this be done?
--
rz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rz rz is offline

Doug
That is an easy way to put in Text Form Fields, but I still don't see how I
can include a formula. In Word Help it shows an example of using formulas, I
can't seem to get it to work.
Any ideas?
--
rz

"rz" wrote in message
I have an existing form (not created as a form, just as a word doc) and I
want to add fields that act like cells in excel. An example would be:
Field A has a dollar amount, Field B has a dollar amount, Field C would be
the sum of A and B
I've tried Word Help "Field codes: SET field" but I can't get it to work.
Can this be done?
--
rz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rz rz is offline

I believe that each field needs a bookmark, or name to write a formula.
In field 3 {= field 1 + field 2} or something like that.
--
rz

"rz" wrote in message
I have an existing form (not created as a form, just as a word doc) and I
want to add fields that act like cells in excel. An example would be:
Field A has a dollar amount, Field B has a dollar amount, Field C would be
the sum of A and B
I've tried Word Help "Field codes: SET field" but I can't get it to work.
Can this be done?
--
rz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's correct. Suppose I have three number: 111, 222, and 333, and I
bookmark them as A, B, and C, respectively. I can then add them by using { =
A+B+C}.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible