Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mech73 Mech73 is offline

Default mail merge - not showing all data

Hi anyone

Trying to do a labels mail merge in 'new' MS Word '03, using XL as my data
source, but it's only recognising the first 16 items and totally ignoring the
next 18...and this is only a trial run for 550! (That is, only showing 16
items in the "Edit recipients list".)

I've been into the online help and it says that if it's not in the Edit
recipients list, it aint in the data source. Well, that's 100% incorrect,
because I know the data is there, within the print area, no funny characters
(':," etc) before names. I've shut down, rebooted, used another pc (MS '03
as well unfortunately) with the same results...

Can anyone shed any light on how to tell the program to look for the
remaining items? I've tried the "find" and that can't find the missing items
either....

Oh, to have straight forward MS 2000 or '98!

Appreciate any pointers!
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You have failed to actually execute the merge and instead, you are only
previewing the results.

See the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mech73" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The main thing that will prevent Word from seeing past the first 16 records
in an Excel worksheet is if there is an empty row in your worksheet at row
17 (e.g. because it has been "closed up" so you can't see it).

"within the print area"

Why does the fact that anything is in the Print area (Excel's?) tell you
anything? (I'm just wondering whether you might have got the wrong idea
about something).

Peter Jamieson

"Mech73" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mech73 Mech73 is offline

Many thanks Doug!

This helped 100% - the steps to force it to XL sheets via DDE from the
g.mayor's link has worked a treat! All my data appearing now!

One very happy person!
Thanks!!
Mech73