Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
glenn glenn is offline

Default I have 2300 pages to delete in Word. How do I delete these?

Something happened to my document. I have over 2500 pages with the same
line on them. Is there a way to delete a range of pages at once?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Needy Needy is offline

Well Glenn you can first turn on the view thumbnails and then on the first
page you want to delete click with the mouse on the first line of letter of
text and now your cursor should be blinking now you want to hold down the
shift key then take your mouse and scroll down the scroll bar to the last
page of text go to the end of the last word on the page which you said was
2500 pages of text. This will highlight all the pages then press the delete
key. You should see all the pages are deleted and you can confirm this by
looking in the the thumbnail view over to the left or doing a print view.

"Glenn" wrote:

Something happened to my document. I have over 2500 pages with the same
line on them. Is there a way to delete a range of pages at once?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I would do a Find and Replace and make sure you include the paragraph mark
at the end of the sentence. (Turn on your non-printing characters to make
sure.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Glenn" wrote in message
Something happened to my document. I have over 2500 pages with the same
line on them. Is there a way to delete a range of pages at once?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Assuming you need to delete from one line to the end of the document,
a quicker way would be to place your cursor at the first line you need
to delete, then press Ctrl + Shift + End to select to the end of the
document, then press Delete.

How was this text placed in the document? I would suspect corruption
if this much text mysteriously appeared in the document. I would copy/
paste the correct text to but not including the final paragraph mark
to a new document.

Cheryl