Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ane Ane is offline

Default Windows Vista compatibility

I recently purchased a Toshiba laptop with Vista and have just realized that
the Word software included is only temporary, and that I will need to
purchase and download Word to get some sort of "product key" (and that only
took a few hours to define, the "help" button to which I was directed did not
actually exist.)

I do not need a whole suite of programs, just word processing. Any
suggestions?
--
Ane Banane
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And if you don't need the latest version, you can get Word 2002 as part of
Works Suite, for under $100.

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message
It depends on what type of documents you need to produce. Windows includes

'decent' word processing program called WordPad [which many Windows users
don't even know about], and Word is available as a standalone program -

you
don't have to buy the entire Office suite. Office 2007 Home & Student is
currently going for only about $129, and you can also get MS Works 9 for
around $35.

There are numerous other word processing applications out there as well

that
range anywhere from *basic* to professional... some are even free
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones