Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doodleesq

Default numbering list on a single line

Hi, Im finding it really difficult to create a numbered list that is on a
single line. All the articles call for ouline numbering but I don't think
that this is what I'm looking for.

ie:
1) blar 2) blar 3) blar etc all on a single line. rather than:

1) blar
2) Blar
3) blar all on seperate lines within the document..

I'm not sure whether Word supports this feature or not, if so how would I go
about it?

Im using MS Office XP.

Regards

David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use SEQ fields

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doodleesq" wrote in message
Hi, Im finding it really difficult to create a numbered list that is on a
single line. All the articles call for ouline numbering but I don't think
that this is what I'm looking for.

ie:
1) blar 2) blar 3) blar etc all on a single line. rather than:

1) blar
2) Blar
3) blar all on seperate lines within the document..

I'm not sure whether Word supports this feature or not, if so how would I
go
about it?

Im using MS Office XP.

Regards

David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Word can certainly do it. If you are referring to single-level
numbering, you can use a Seq field to insert the numbers. If you need
something more complex, use the ListNum field. Look these up in Word
Help. However, unless it is a long list or one that needs to be edited
a lot, you could just type numbers in.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP