Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PTC PTC is offline

Default copying and pasting data within a table - Word 2003

I am trying to copy and paste numbers from one section of my table to another
section of my table. Both sections are arranged exactly the same way. These
are financial tables and I'm trying to copy my 2007 figures over my 2006
figures.

To do this, I highlight a contiguous section of cells and select copy, then
I highlight the exactly same configures cells a couple of columns over and
then select paste. When I do this it makes a mess of my paste area. I'm not
sure what it is doing other than it is putting my copied data in unintended
cells/places.

What am I doing wrong?