Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jeff Willis Jeff Willis is offline

Default How do I split a table in Word 2010

I am new to Word Tables and need some guidance. Can someone give me a
pointer?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I split a table in Word 2010

Sure, I'd be happy to help you with that! Splitting a table in Word 2010 is actually quite easy. Here are the steps:
  1. First, select the row in the table where you want to split it. You can do this by clicking and dragging your mouse over the row.
  2. Next, go to the Layout tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the Merge section of the ribbon, you'll see a button called "Split Cells." Click on this button.
  4. A dialog box will appear asking you how you want to split the cells. You can choose to split the cells into rows or columns, or you can specify a specific number of rows or columns to split the cells into. Make your selection and click "OK."
  5. Your table will now be split into the number of rows or columns you specified. You can then format the new cells as needed.

That's it! I hope this helps you with your table splitting needs. Let me know if you have any other questions!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Jeff Willis wrote:
I am new to Word Tables and need some guidance. Can someone give me a
pointer?

I'm not at the computer that has Office 2010 right now, but I'm pretty sure
this hasn't changed since Word 2007:

Put the cursor in the row that will become the first row of the second
table. Click the Table Tools Layout tab of the ribbon. In the Merge group,
click the Split Table button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Correct. It has not changed in 2010.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Jeff Willis wrote:
I am new to Word Tables and need some guidance. Can someone give me a
pointer?

I'm not at the computer that has Office 2010 right now, but I'm pretty
sure this hasn't changed since Word 2007:

Put the cursor in the row that will become the first row of the second
table. Click the Table Tools Layout tab of the ribbon. In the Merge
group, click the Split Table button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Sandy C Shin Sandy C Shin is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Robbins - Word MVP View Post

Jeff Willis wrote:
I am new to Word Tables and need some guidance. Can someone give me a
pointer?

I'm not at the computer that has Office 2010 right now, but I'm pretty
sure this hasn't changed since Word 2007:

Put the cursor in the row that will become the first row of the second
table. Click the Table Tools Layout tab of the ribbon. In the Merge
group, click the Split Table button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org
so all may benefit.
I found it up on the ribbon under table design on the layout tab, right clicking on the row in the table did not list split table in the pop up menu