Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jlfetch jlfetch is offline

Default Watermark on every page

I want a watermark to appear on every page. I was able to do this until the
company installed the latest update for 2007. Now the watermark appears only
on page 1 when inserted at the beginning of the document. I assumed it had
something to do with having my first page set as 'different' and when I
unclicked this the watermark did appear on every page. My problem is that I
have to have the first page as different. Does anyone know how to get around
this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, by inserting the watermark on the first and second pages. You
would have the same problem in older versions of Word too when you
select different first page headers/footers.

jlfetch wrote:

I want a watermark to appear on every page. I was able to do this until the
company installed the latest update for 2007. Now the watermark appears only
on page 1 when inserted at the beginning of the document. I assumed it had
something to do with having my first page set as 'different' and when I
unclicked this the watermark did appear on every page. My problem is that I
have to have the first page as different. Does anyone know how to get around
this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi jlfetch,

You can either insert a copy of the watermark on the 2nd page also, or bookmark the watermark on the 1st page and insert a
cross-reference to in on the 2nd page. In either case, you'll need to temporarily create a 2nd page (eg insert a page-break) on your
template to do this. After completing the setup, you can delete the page break.

Cheers