Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack Jack is offline

Default footnote endnote section

I am trying to move footnotes from bottom of page on which it is inserted to
the end of the section and have found no way to make it work. I have word
2007 and have tried the options dialog in the notes section. Whatever I try
the notes go to the end of the document or to the bottom of the page. I have
section breaks for each of my "chapters"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Footnotes go at the bottom of the page. If you have already inserted them as
footnotes, you will need to convert them to endnotes in order to put them at
the end of the document or section.

http://word.mvps.org

"jack" wrote in message
I am trying to move footnotes from bottom of page on which it is inserted
the end of the section and have found no way to make it work. I have word
2007 and have tried the options dialog in the notes section. Whatever I
try
the notes go to the end of the document or to the bottom of the page. I
have
section breaks for each of my "chapters"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack Jack is offline

Apparently there is some other problem in my document. I can get a new
document to place notes at the end of a section my book document insists on
placing the notes at the end of the document even when I have converted them
to endnotes.

"jack" wrote in message
I am trying to move footnotes from bottom of page on which it is inserted
the end of the section and have found no way to make it work. I have word
2007 and have tried the options dialog in the notes section. Whatever I
try
the notes go to the end of the document or to the bottom of the page. I
have
section breaks for each of my "chapters"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Endnotes *do* go at the end of the document unless you specify that they
should be at the end of a section. And this needs to be what Word defines as
a section (ending in a section break), not just a chapter as you define it.
Also, make sure the endnotes aren't suppressed for a given section (File |
Page Setup | Layout).

http://word.mvps.org