A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Formatting Long Documents
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

“Destination Path Too Long” error while trying to copy, move or remove

Old April 3rd 22, 07:53 PM

First recorded activity by WordBanter: Apr 2022
Default “Destination Path Too Long” error while trying to copy, move or remove

hey,
Users get the “Destination Path Too Long” error while trying to copy, move or remove certain files or folders on Windows operating systems. Most of the time, this error happens because Microsoft has a 256/260 folder and name restriction in place.
The total length of a Windows pathname+filename is limited to 256 characters and Windows will not let you create anything longer than that. This is not an issue people run into often with simple files, but when unzipping files with long descriptive folder names, you can easily hit it. One of the situations where you can hit this limit is when you try to unzip, (extract) the electronic copies of some of our books.
so, you can use (LPT).
thanks!
Ads