“Destination Path Too Long” error while trying to copy, move or remove

Old April 3rd 22, 07:53 PM
Danpeterson1 Danpeterson1 is offline

Location: USA
Default “Destination Path Too Long” error while trying to copy, move or remove

hey,
Users get the “Destination Path Too Long” error while trying to copy, move or remove certain files or folders on Windows operating systems. Most of the time, this error happens because Microsoft has a 256/260 folder and name restriction in place.
The total length of a Windows pathname+filename is limited to 256 characters and Windows will not let you create anything longer than that. This is not an issue people run into often with simple files, but when unzipping files with long descriptive folder names, you can easily hit it. One of the situations where you can hit this limit is when you try to unzip, (extract) the electronic copies of some of our books.
so, you can use (LPT).
thanks!

"Destination Path Too Long” error Danpeterson Microsoft Word Help 3 March 1st 22 09:33 AM
Path Too Long fix dan gurt Page Layout 0 March 10th 11 03:14 AM
Full path of the file is too long error message MikeR-Oz New Users 3 January 2nd 11 12:17 AM
copy/paste using destination format Nick Piazza Microsoft Word Help 1 September 22nd 09 07:58 PM
When I copy how do I make my destination format my default choice rocjames Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 05 06:32 AM