Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debi Debi is offline

Default My Hyperlinks won't work

I'm hoping that someone can help me out. I'm using Office XP (2002) and for
some reason my hyperlinks are not working. For example, when I type
http://www.msn.com into a word document it doens't create a hyperlink. When
I click on the "Insert Hyperlink" button it changes to {HYPERLINK
"http://www.msn.com" }. This just started happening and I can't for the life
of me figure out what I've done to cause this, but would appreciate any help
to get it back so it automatically creates the hyperlink.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Tools AutoCorrect Options Autoformat as you type

Under 'Replace as you type' check 'Internet and network paths with
hyperlinks'

"Debi" wrote in message
I'm hoping that someone can help me out. I'm using Office XP (2002) and
for
some reason my hyperlinks are not working. For example, when I type
http://www.msn.com into a word document it doens't create a hyperlink.
When
I click on the "Insert Hyperlink" button it changes to {HYPERLINK
"http://www.msn.com" }. This just started happening and I can't for the
life
of me figure out what I've done to cause this, but would appreciate any
help
to get it back so it automatically creates the hyperlink.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debi Debi is offline

Thanks for the quick reply Jezebel! I checked out my Word program and I
already have the Autoformat formated as you suggested. I also opened a
document that I created several months ago with some pictures that I pulled
from the internet and several hyperlinks. They all look like I described
below. Even the pictures...I'm wondering if I reinstall word if this will
correct itself....

Thanks again,
Debi