Carol

Default Linking Excel cell to Word problem

Hi, hope someone can help! I'm using Word 2002 and Excel 2002, and trying to
link one cell's contents from Excel into a sentence in a Word doc.

When I paste the cell contents into the sentence, and click on "Match
destination formatting and link to Excel" it pastes the cell contents into
the sentence, but automatically adds a "next line" character and the cell
contents appear one line below, left adjusted. When I delete the next line
character, it also deletes the item I just pasted.

For example, this is what I want it to do, where "$100" is a link pasted
from Excel:

The amount is: $100

This is what it is doing:

The amount is: