Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kimmi Kimmi is offline

Default Quick styles sets redefining my styles

I wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem. I have created a set
of styles in a template, and then saved the styles as a new quick style set.
When I then select this style set in a new document, the styles definition
has changed. For instance the followed by style had changed to a different
style, and in another instance it removed numbering from a style. I also
tried copying the template to the Quick Styles folder instead, but the same
thing was happening. If I apply the styles using the quick style set to a
new document, the styles change - if I attach the template and update the
styles from the template, they go back to how they should be so I know the
styles are OK in the template. I've checked that all the styles were on the
quick styles list before saving.

Any ideas welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

When you apply a style set, the styles of that set replace the styles
already in the document (assuming that the style names match of course).
That is the expected behavior.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kimmi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Applying a quick style (or any style) in a document where the based-on
styles are different from the based-on style where the style were created
could produce a different look (including when the styles are based on no
style, which means they're based on the defaults that in W2007 are document
properties€”unlike in previous versions). That's why your styles look fine
when the right template is attached. How you fix (or accommodate it) this
depends on how you want to use these styles and your template.

PamC