Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
BorisS

Default orphans lines, keeping together and with next

does anyone have a solid explanation (I find help is just not that clued into
the quirks of using these options) of the paragraph, (i) orphan (ii) keep
lines together and (iii) keep with next options? I find that it acts very
strangely and it's hard to get things to stay together across pages. It
either splits it, or tries to merge an entire table or paragraph with the
following paragraph, while I am just trying to keep things like titles with
tables, sentences from splitting up (in tables), etc.

Thx for any insight as to what combination of these three do what.
--
Boris