Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelly Kelly is offline

Default .docx?

My files are saved as a .docx and I can't open them. Any ideas why and how
to open them?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

..docx files are the new file format for Word 2007. Some people have problems
opening the files that were created using the Beta Word 2007, but otherwise,
you should be able to open them.

However, if you do not have Word 2007, you can install the compatibility
pack to Word 97-2003. See

Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.