Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anita. Anita. is offline

Default i want to swap text in one Word document?

I want to be able to use one document and insert two types of text, i.e., one
manual as Australian version and one manual as NZ version. Want to be able
to switch texts in the same document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

And your question is what?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Anita." wrote in message
I want to be able to use one document and insert two types of text, i.e.,
one
manual as Australian version and one manual as NZ version. Want to be
able
to switch texts in the same document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

I assume you want this swapping of text to occur automatically through some
action such as clicking a toolbar button or the like. This can be done
easily enough using a series of AutoText entries, bookmarks and a bit of
VBA. However, I would question the utility of such an approach. Depending on
the size of the manual, creating and maintaining the AutoText entries alone
could be more effort that it's worth, and there are all sorts of
difficulties inherent in writing the code if you're not especially
proficient in VBA. Unless you have a *very good* reason for doing otherwise,
the far simpler approach - and the one that I would use if given this
project - would be to simply use two documents.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

"Anita." wrote in message
I want to be able to use one document and insert two types of text, i.e.,
one
manual as Australian version and one manual as NZ version. Want to be
able
to switch texts in the same document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mi Tasol Mi Tasol is offline

"Anita." wrote in message

I want to be able to use one document and insert two types of text, i.e..,
one
manual as Australian version and one manual as NZ version. *Want to be
able
to switch texts in the same document.

I am guessing you use W2003 or W2007 - if merge was not so clunky and
anti-user in versions later than W2000 you could use one doc with
merge fields using a table to merge from with in one column and NZ in
another column - I use mail-merge to produce manuals for multiple
sites but have to use the old clunker computer because in 2003 they
made it difficult and 2007 agonising
Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

So why are Nerf guns so important for toddlers? Firstly, they encourage active play and help to develop your toddler's coordination and gross motor skills. https://toddlershelp.com/best-toddler-pillow/

selenaoh123 selenaoh123 is offline
Junior Member

Divide your document into sections, each corresponding to a different version of the manual (Australian and NZ). In most software, you can insert shell shockers section breaks to separate the sections.