Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John9999 John9999 is offline

Default Word 2007 spell checker and non-breaking hyphens

Is there a way to set the Word 2007 spell checker to treat non-breaking
hyphens like regular hyphens?

It will not allow me to select Ignore All for a word with a non-breaking
hyphen, nor will it add them to the custom dictionary. It forces me to accept
each occurance of the same word individually.

Thank you,
John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] is offline

Hi John,

We released a fix for the Office 2007 speller in June. With the following
patches, the Word 2007 spelling checker now correctly handles words that
contain non-breaking hyphens. The KB article for the first patch is KB 972563
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972563), and it needs its Word part of the
fix that is delivered via the Word KB article (KB 970942 -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970942/).

You problem should be solved once you install these two patches.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,

Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]
Microsoft Natural Language Group

"John9999" wrote:

Is there a way to set the Word 2007 spell checker to treat non-breaking
hyphens like regular hyphens?

It will not allow me to select Ignore All for a word with a non-breaking
hyphen, nor will it add them to the custom dictionary. It forces me to accept
each occurance of the same word individually.

Thank you,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John9999 John9999 is offline

Hi Thierry,

Thank you so much for responding. I am glad there are patches available.

However, I cannot seem to install them. I keep getting a message saying
there was a problem unzipping a file and that Error 40 occured.

Thank you for your time,
John