Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can I get a formal letter for my teacher?

I want to send an email to my Professor but I'm not good enough in English;
so I would like to know how can I get a template on formal letters?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Well hmm...an e-mail is not very formal.

Here is an example of a formal diplomatic letter:

Foreign Ministry,
Kingdom of West Verklempt

To:
Hon. Lupo Strelski
Foreign Minister,
Republic of Buttwind

Your Excellency, Greetings:

This message is in reply to your message regarding diplomatic relations
between our two great nations. I am quite pleased to announce that,
with the approval of His Majesty, King Maximilian XXVIII, the Kingdom
of West Verklempt would be quite amenable to the formalization of
diplomatic relations with the Republic of Buttwind.

An exchange of ambassadors will be the natural next step in the
diplomatic process. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to
make arrangements for this exchange.

Respectfully,

Count Kurt Krellnikov
Foreign Minister,
Kingdom of West Verklempt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

It is pretty hard to suggest anything since only you know what you want to
say. There is no reason to be embarassed. I suspect the professor already
understands that you could use some help with English. If you have somebody
else write a message for you, the professor might believe your English is
perfect and you might not understand his response. It reminds me of the
first time I went to Italy. Not wanting to seem like a fool, I carefully
practiced how to ask a gas station attendant to please check the oil. I
tried my phrase at my first chance. He figured I spoke Italian. Wrong! I
had no idea what he was saying when he answered. My wife had to rescue me.
Turns out the car needed a liter of oil. My point: Faking fluency in a
language could be risky.

"
wrote in message
I want to send an email to my Professor but I'm not good enough in English;
so I would like to know how can I get a template on formal letters?

Adding 2 signature lines to a formal letter? Janelle Microsoft Word Help 3 July 5th 05 08:35 PM
Convert to Symbols Omar Menjivar Microsoft Word Help 7 June 27th 05 07:32 PM
School Reports CS Mailmerge 5 May 4th 05 07:20 AM
Letter Wizard templates will not work e2rodney Mailmerge 1 February 17th 05 08:30 PM
Can't save merged form letter... Raven Mailmerge 1 January 27th 05 08:34 PM