Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Bob is offline

Default Unable to group jpg pictures inported into Word 2007.

I can not Group jpg pictures imported into word 2007. I could do this in
2003. I am also not able to do and 'Advanced Format' on imported pictures as
I was in word 2003. Any clues as to the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The graphics part of Word has changed a good deal in Word 2007.

If you're working in .docx format, if you place the .jpg files onto the
drawing canvas, you should be able to group them. Or, if the document is in
Compatibility Mode, grouping should work as it did in Word 2003 and earlier.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Bob" wrote in message
I can not Group jpg pictures imported into word 2007. I could do this in
2003. I am also not able to do and 'Advanced Format' on imported pictures
as
I was in word 2003. Any clues as to the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chahlene42 Chahlene42 is offline

How is it that user experience architects (which I assume reviewed Word 2007)
added more steps to doing something that was quite easy in Word 2003? When I
insert a drawing canvas, it appears half off the page and it is difficult to
drag into the position where I need it. Any help there?
Also, has anyone noticed that Word 2007 considerably slows down the computer?

"Bob" wrote in message
I can not Group jpg pictures imported into word 2007. I could do this in
2003. I am also not able to do and 'Advanced Format' on imported pictures
as
I was in word 2003. Any clues as to the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm told that the grouping problem will be addressed in a future update... I
suspect that this means Word 14, not Word 12.x.

I have Word 2003 and 2007 both running on this computer... and they seem to
travel at about the same speed. But, on my old computer--which did not have
dual processors, had a slow graphics card (with very little of its own
memory), and had "only" 2GB of memory--Word 2007 was noticeably slower than
Word 2003.