peopleperson

Default spell check in MS word 2000 is not working properly

spell check says spell check completed but obvious errors are not identified

Barb Reinhardt

Tools - Options - Spelling and Grammar - Check Document
"peopleperson" wrote in message
spell check says spell check completed but obvious errors are not
identified

Doug Robbins

Use Ctrl+A to select all the text in the document and then from the Tools
menu, select Language and then Set Language and make sure that the
appropriate language is assigned to the text and that the "Do not check
spelling or grammar" box is NOT checked.

It might be slightly different in Word 2000 in that there might be language
setting of No proofing. If that is the case, select the appropriate
language in its place.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"peopleperson" wrote in message
spell check says spell check completed but obvious errors are not
identified

It is possible that the words in question are formatted as "Do not check
spelling and grammar." Select the entire document (Ctrl+A), then go to Tools
| Language | Set Language and make sure that the correct language is
selected and that "Do not check spelling and grammar" is *not* checked.
Also, on the Spelling & Grammar tab of Tools | Options, make sure that you
have not checked any of the "Ignore" settings.