###

Old August 20th 05, 12:10 AM
Brian42

Default ###

How do I permanently remove a line generated by typing ### and then a hard
return?
Old August 20th 05, 12:19 AM
Anne Troy

Select the paragraphs above and below the border that was created. Then,
Format--Borders and Shading, and go to the Borders tab and choose None.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

Old August 20th 05, 04:50 PM
JohnR

Go to the paragraph marker after the line and hit the backspace key, once or
twice
John

Old August 20th 05, 08:07 PM
Brian42

This worked perfectly. I ended up having to select the entire document and
then following your suggestion because otherwise the border kept moving.
Thanks very much.

Old August 20th 05, 08:08 PM
JohnR

How can you NOT have a paragraph marker after the line, you type ### and hit
enter.???? It does and it works both in Word 2000, and 2003 for me. You
still have the ### signs though
John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I would be very surprised to find that this worked, especially since there
is no paragraph mark after the line, which is a border.

so
all may benefit.

Old August 20th 05, 09:21 PM
Anne Troy

John: The autocorrect feature to which I pointed the asker explains how
entering ### and hitting enter simply applies a border. If you have that
feature turned OFF, your Word won't do it. Did you test to see what Suzanne
and I are talking about?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

Old August 20th 05, 09:55 PM
Doug Robbins

If under Tools AutoCorrect Options, AutoFormat as You Type, the Border lines
box is checked, it you type ### and the press Enter, a border will be
created.

If at that point you press the backspace key, the border will be undone,
leaving the ###.

If you enter some other text, and the go back to the position immediately
following the border (that is at the beginning of the next line) and press
the backspace key, the border will be removed without leaving the ###.

If the Border lines box is not checked, a border will not be created by
pressing the Enter key after typing ###.

The above was determined through performing the steps mentioned, i.e. by
testing.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JohnR" wrote in message
How can you NOT have a paragraph marker after the line, you type ### and
hit enter.???? It does and it works both in Word 2000, and 2003 for me.
You still have the ### signs though
John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I would be very surprised to find that this worked, especially since
there
is no paragraph mark after the line, which is a border.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old August 21st 05, 12:33 AM
CyberTaz

Sorry John, but Suzanne is absolutely correct. As soon as you press enter
after typing the ###, a Border is applied to the para above as formatting.
Turn on your and you'll see that there is _not_ one at the end of the
line, nor can you place the insertion point at beginning or end of the
border.

If you are typing ###, pressing Enter and winding up with ### it is because
you have the 'AutoFortmat as you Type' feature for Borders turned Off.

Regards |:)

On 8/20/05 3:08 PM, in article , "JohnR"
wrote:

How can you NOT have a paragraph marker after the line, you type ### and hit
enter.???? It does and it works both in Word 2000, and 2003 for me. You
still have the ### signs though
John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I would be very surprised to find that this worked, especially since there
is no paragraph mark after the line, which is a border.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

Old August 21st 05, 03:36 AM

It appears that I may have been too hasty, however. I tested with a border
applied in the ordinary way. Doug's test suggests that in this case
Backspace is operating as a sort of Undo (as it often does with AutoCorrect
and AutoFormat actions).

wrote:

How can you NOT have a paragraph marker after the line, you type ### and

hit
enter.???? It does and it works both in Word 2000, and 2003 for me.

You
still have the ### signs though
John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I would be very surprised to find that this worked, especially since

there
is no paragraph mark after the line, which is a border.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup
so