Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
George

Default How to get a date merge field to show a date 60 days in the future

I need to be able, when a document is printing in Word to populate a date
merge field that is 60 days in the future - I have tried multiple formats -
but haven't been able to figure it out. Anyone know how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

This is rather complicated but see
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm
and especially http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902

George wrote:
I need to be able, when a document is printing in Word to populate a
date merge field that is 60 days in the future - I have tried
multiple formats - but haven't been able to figure it out. Anyone
know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
George

Default How to get a date merge field to show a date 60 days in the fu

Graham - WOW - thank you - I think this should work for me - clearly I need
to wait until tomorrow to see if the date changes in the document. By the
way - will the date update automatically WITHOUT a user having to use the
"update Fields" right-click action? I guess I'll find out tomorrow....... I
was hoping for it to update automatically upon printing.

Thanks again!

George wrote:
I need to be able, when a document is printing in Word to populate a
date merge field that is 60 days in the future - I have tried
multiple formats - but haven't been able to figure it out. Anyone
know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Whether or not the calculated date field updates will depend on what field
you base the calculated date on.

George wrote:
I need to be able, when a document is printing in Word to populate a
date merge field that is 60 days in the future - I have tried
multiple formats - but haven't been able to figure it out. Anyone
know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
George

Graham - thanks AGAIN for replying. I guess, after reading through the
document - I am not getting something. You write:

"will depend on what field you base the calculated date on."

This is probably my ignorance on this formal stuff - but I am not really
basing it (i think) on anything.

I am using the merge field from - the macropod link you gave me - on page 7
the section titled:

Calculate a day, date, month and year, using n (301) days delay

When I toggle the field - the ONE difference I see in the formula used there
and the one on the screen shot on YOUR website is that mine simply says
"DATE" instead of "CREATEDATE" Is this what you mean by "field you base the
calculated date on"?

Also - my SET delay is set to 60.

So to clarify - my need is:

When a user prints a document today - a date 60 days from today will
auto-populate. when they print it tomorrow - it will print a date 60 days
from tomorrow.

Thank SO MUCH for your time - I really appreciate it, Graham!!

George

George wrote:
I need to be able, when a document is printing in Word to populate a
date merge field that is 60 days in the future - I have tried
multiple formats - but haven't been able to figure it out. Anyone
know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

The simplest way to do this may be to create another field in your data
source and do the calculation there. Excel and Access both handle dates
better than Word. Otherwise, it can be done in Word, but this is more
complex than you might imagine. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to
utilities to create the fields and an explanation of different macros that
can be used instead of fields. It also has a link to
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902 which is a document
with various fields already created.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"George" wrote in message
I need to be able, when a document is printing in Word to populate a date
merge field that is 60 days in the future - I have tried multiple
formats -
but haven't been able to figure it out. Anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

I used CREATEDATE because most people don't want the dates to change on
letters they have created when they are opened in the future. If you use
DATE as the basis for the calculation, the calculation is based on the
system date of the PC and thus it always references that date before
performing the calculation. Which you would use depends really on what you
are doing. If you want to print the same document on different days with
different dates then leave it as DATE.