Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
humphreyd humphreyd is offline

Default Bullets and Numbering issues

For the last 12 years I have been using MS Word in the Building Controls
Engineering field. Right now we use Word 2003. Many times we receive
Sequence of Operations in a Word document that uses bulleting as deep
as 4 levels. In order for me to import this into Visio, I need to
split up the one document into 4 or 5. When I attempt to do this by
deleting what I don't need for say page 2, the 1st level of bullets
resets to "A". I have tried using the customize function to restart at
"F" with the results that the 1st bullet vanishes and the 1st paragraph
of text resizes. How can I make this work? I have always found
bullets/numbering control in Word to be confuzing and combersome.

--
humphreyd
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you want to "freeze" numbering, you can convert it to static text. Press
Alt+F11 to display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the
Immediate window. Type:

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText

and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"humphreyd" wrote in message ...

For the last 12 years I have been using MS Word in the Building Controls
Engineering field. Right now we use Word 2003. Many times we receive
Sequence of Operations in a Word document that uses bulleting as deep
as 4 levels. In order for me to import this into Visio, I need to
split up the one document into 4 or 5. When I attempt to do this by
deleting what I don't need for say page 2, the 1st level of bullets
resets to "A". I have tried using the customize function to restart at
"F" with the results that the 1st bullet vanishes and the 1st paragraph
of text resizes. How can I make this work? I have always found
bullets/numbering control in Word to be confuzing and combersome.

--
humphreyd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
humphreyd[_2_] humphreyd[_2_] is offline

Thanks, it worked. But what a way to have to do that. There should be
a button or menu item. I think I will add a macro.

Stefan Blom;2584613 Wrote:
If you want to "freeze" numbering, you can convert it to static text.
Press
Alt+F11 to display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate
the
Immediate window. Type:

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText

and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

--
humphreyd
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

If you need assistance creating the macro, see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP