Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MikeM MikeM is offline

Default Second "table on content"

I have a document that consists of a large table. certain cells have content
in a given style. Is there a way to create a second table in the document
that can be automatically populated by the content in the specific style and
later be updated when that content is editted?
--
Have a great Day!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Unless it should be an actual table, with multiple cells. But then it
would be possible to use Edit | Paste Special repeatedly, creating
links to the contents of the relevant cells.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Sounds to me like you could use a table of contents (TOC). See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"MikeM" wrote in message
I have a document that consists of a large table. certain cells

have
content
in a given style. Is there a way to create a second table in the

document
that can be automatically populated by the content in the specific

style
and
later be updated when that content is editted?
--
Have a great Day!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MikeM MikeM is offline

The document already has a table of contents. The main table is 3 columns
with an outline structure. What we are trying to create is a second table
which pulls out two levels of the outline which can be printed as a second
document. Each level of the outline is in its own distinct style.
--
Have a great Day!

"MikeM" wrote in message
I have a document that consists of a large table. certain cells have

content
in a given style. Is there a way to create a second table in the document
that can be automatically populated by the content in the specific style

and
later be updated when that content is editted?
--
Have a great Day!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

A different issue then. The most efficient way I could think of would be to
copy/paste the table, then use Find and Replace to delete all the paragraphs
in the third-level style in the second table. Unfortunately, this would
leave the empty rows. But it should be possible to handle this via VBA, and
sooner or later someone will tell you how to do that.

"MikeM" wrote in message
I have a document that consists of a large table. certain cells have

content
in a given style. Is there a way to create a second table in the

document
that can be automatically populated by the content in the specific

style
and
later be updated when that content is editted?
--
Have a great Day!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MikeM MikeM is offline

Thank you this did the trick.

Have a great day!
--
Have a great Day!

"MikeM" wrote in message
I have a document that consists of a large table. certain cells

have
content
in a given style. Is there a way to create a second table in the

document
that can be automatically populated by the content in the specific

style
and
later be updated when that content is editted?
--
Have a great Day!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline