Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kennco

Default How do I get blank pages to disappear from a mail merge?

I have a mail merge that I am running and every second page is blank. If
there are 60 letters, it prints 119 pages. The last page is an actual letter
and there is no blank page following it. I have checked all my codes and the
length of the letter appears to be within the vertical margins. I am
perplexed. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Is the first paragraph in the main document formatted to have a pagebreak
before it? If so, change the formatting so that it does not have that
attribute as the necessary pagebreak is automatically created by the
mailmerge process.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kennco" wrote in message
news
I have a mail merge that I am running and every second page is blank. If
there are 60 letters, it prints 119 pages. The last page is an actual
letter
and there is no blank page following it. I have checked all my codes and
the
length of the letter appears to be within the vertical margins. I am
perplexed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kennco

There is no page break anywhere in the document that I can see. I have
reviewed all the attributes. I do have some condidtional skip record
statements at the beginning of the document but I don't think that can cause
it. Any other thoughts? Thanks

Ken

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Is the first paragraph in the main document formatted to have a pagebreak
before it? If so, change the formatting so that it does not have that
attribute as the necessary pagebreak is automatically created by the
mailmerge process.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.